Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

Finished Pastels

I have been busy, unfortunately not with the Blue Doors oil paintings.

Both my sons have a birthday coming up and I wanted to do something for them.  It is difficult and costly to try shipping framed artwork as I am worried about glass breakage and also worry that a canvas could get punctured during shipping so I have been limiting my gift sending to pastels, which I then have to spray with fixative, which slightly changes the painting.

Oh well, sometime I will try shipping a canvas and protect it really well and just see what it would cost to ship.

Anyway I decided to do a picture of my dads old 1953 Chevrolet 3/4 ton truck for my oldest son.  When he was little he always used to say that this truck was going to be his when he got his drivers license.  When my parents sold their farm stuff at an auction sale when they decided to retire, this truck was sold, so my son never got to drive it.  I should qualify that by saying, to my knowledge anyway, you never know what grandpa and kids get up to when mom is not looking lol.

The only picture that I have of the old truck is a very old black and white one and very blurry.  Not good; but I tried anyway.

Here is the photo of the truck that I have:

















Here is the chalk pastel painting that I did for my oldest son:


















I was in a quandary about what to do for my youngest sons birthday which is 3 weeks after the oldest ones birthday.
He has been teaching himself to play guitar, so I finally decided to do a chalk pastel of a guitar for him.

Here it is:

Entitled:  WAITING


















My sister, who also has many memories of dads old truck, liked the photo I posted of the one that I had done for my son, so I decided to do another one for her birthday which is coming up in June.
So here is 1953 Chevrolet 3/4 ton pickup once again:

















Let me know what you think of these.

NOW I have to get back to working on the Blue Doors oils that are staring at me accusingly.

Have a good weekend.

No comments: