Pages

Monday, January 6, 2014

Finished Pastel Painting

I added a few finishing touches to this and have decided that I am going to leave it alone.  I keep wanting to fix this and fix that and if I don't stop myself I end up ruining things completely.  The problem is that I have this picture of how I want it to look in my mind and that image never quite comes out of my fingers, so I am never quite happy with the end result.  Oh well, keep practicing I guess.

 Thank you very much Todd M. for allowing me to use your photo for the reference for this.  He took a photo of a window in a home in the countryside near San Miguel de Allende where he lives.

This is soft chalk pastel on Canson Mi Tientes pastel paper.  Approx. size is 11 x 14 inches or 28 x 35 cms..
Title:  En El Campo, (in the countryside).


No comments: